The two gentlemen above are Roger Hemler (left) and Giles Chichester (right).
As a measure of how our media – in particular the Brussels Brainwashing Commissariat, aka the BBC – are manipulating the news to the same degree – admittedly less obtusely – as the totalitarian states of the now defunct Warsaw Pact is the complete absence of reporting a very important Conference on the whole issue of “Climate Change” that occurred on Wednesday, 18th November in the European Parliament.
This level of media control shows how important it is for the British Gazette to speak the truth unto the nation.
The Conference was hosted by Roger Helmer, Conservative MEP for the East Midlands region.
The question the Conference sought to answer was: “Have humans changed the climate ?”
The Conference was attended by nine eminent speakers from Europe and North America. These included:
- Professor Ross McKitrick, the man who demolished the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)’s “Hockey Stick” graph;
- Professor Fred Singer of the University of Virginia, author of the NY Times best-seller “Unstoppable Global Warming Every 1500 Years”;
- British columnist James Delingpole, self-styled guerrilla blogger on climate hysteria.
They covered the science and politics of climate change. The morning session was chaired by Giles Chichester, Conservative MEP for South West England and Gibraltar. Mr. Chichster is the Chairman of the European Energy Forum, and a former Chairman of the European Parliament’s Industry and Energy Committee.
The Conference heard that the UN’s COP 15 Climate Conference in Copenhagen, due to take place in December, is unlikely to produce any substantive outcome beyond an agreement to keep talking.
Several key themes emerged:
- The small (+0.7 deg C) increase in average global temperatures over the last hundred years is entirely consistent with well-established, long-term, natural climate trends.
- The predictions of the IPCC’s computer models continue to be hopelessly at odds with observed data.
- The “fingerprint” of predicted warming (in terms of latitude and altitude) is wholly different from the pattern observed by ground stations, meteorological balloons and satellites.
- That samples of ancient atmospheres from half a million years of ice cores clearly demonstrate that temperature changes drive atmospheric CO2 changes, not vice versa.
- That the theory of man-made climate change is not only unproven, but is disproved by these findings.
- Global temperatures are as likely to decline as to increase in the next decade.
Please Note: A number of representatives from both the European Commission and the IPCC were invited to speak, but declined to do so.
However, this did not deter the hundred-strong audience, which included a number of MEPs and scientists.
What is clear is that there are signs that more of the public are turning against climate alarmism. People are sick of being harangued, and blamed, and taxed over climate issues. Recent opinion polls show a majority of British and North American voters no longer accept climate hysteria. This is testimony to the robust good sense of the Great British Public.